Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Typical Tuesday

Recently I met the friend of a friend. She and her sweet family moved to the area not too long ago. Her name is Rachel and she's pretty cool. I was looking at her blog and she does these really cool posts called 'Typical Tuesday.' She has people come and guest post on her blog and write a post about what a typical Tuesday would be like in their lives.

I LOVE that idea!

I am going to start doing the same thing here. I am so excited!

First, I'm going to share with you a typical Tuesday with our family. 

Our Typical Tuesday:

Mornings start pretty early around here. First with Ryan getting up most days around 5:30 to get ready for work.  After he wakes up, I try to fall asleep as fast as I can because Harper's average wake up time is between 6:00 and 6:30. Our nights are still a little unpredictable with at least one kid waking up at least once or twice. So, when Harper wakes up we go to the living room and it looks like this:

Yes, it's still dark outside. She comes out with her blanket (Nee-Nee), pillow-pet and a stuffed animal/doll. I get her a cup of milk and we watch cartoons for a little while. She usually only watches one or two shows. Usually Martha Speaks and Curious George. After those she's awake enough for breakfast and playing. (This is starting to change. I have started to take her straight to the kitchen where we have breakfast and only after she eats her whole breakfast is she allowed to watch anything. We've done this for 2 days now and it's working well).
This morning her breakfast was strawberry applesauce.

My breakfast is usually cereal. Sometimes I'll treat myself to a breakfast that would have syrup involved, but that would be a Special Tuesday not a typical one. This is my most recent favorite cereal.


The other kid in the house, Rigley, wakes up around 8ish. It really varies every morning depending on how his night was. Yes, he is almost 16 months old and yes he still has rough nights. They have been getting much better lately (thank you, ear tubes). He wakes up and has yogurt for breakfast (sorry no picture). After breakfast we get ready for the day. Harper has Joy School on Mondays and Wednesdays so on our off days I try to take the kids to a park. The night before this particular Tuesday was rainy so a park was out of the question. Too wet. So we went out and ran some errands and then headed to Chick-Fil-A. Oh, how we LOVE that place! The kids usually share some nuggets, fries and fruit. My favorite thing to get is the soup. Especially since the weather is starting to get cooler.




The picture of them playing is so cute. I took it through the glass. I love the look on Rigley's face. He loves playing with his big sister. After lunch and playing we head home for some naps. I did a little bit of laundry while they napped and then I took a short nap myself. After the kids wake up from their naps they usually have snacks and we just play. I also try to get a few more things done and get dinner ready. I worked on making a Halloween banner.

It turned out really cute. I'll have to share the final project, huh? Then Daddy comes home! One of our favorite times of the day! He plays with the kids while I finish up dinner and then we eat. Dinner on this Tuesday was Chicken Noodle Soup (I'm in a dinner swap where me and four other women swap dinners every week. Meaning, on Mondays we make four families worth of dinner and swap them with each other. Then we only have to cook once or twice a week. It's great!). After dinner there is a little bit more playing.

Then we read scriptures and have family prayer. Ryan usually puts the little boy to bed and I put the little girl to bed. After the kids are asleep out evenings sometimes look like this.

For some reason this picture won't rotate. Sorry.
We just like to relax on the couch and watch some of our shows. On Tuesdays we usually watch 'The Sing Off' that was recorded on Monday. After that it's bedtime. Goodnight.

So that is a typical Tuesday for us. If you're interested in sharing a typical Tuesday here, let me know. Or don't, I'll probably email you and ask you to anyway.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

love it! i like your dinner swap idea. that's pretty awesome.