Thursday, November 11, 2010

Halloween 2010 part 1

I had this thought in my mind that I would get all of Rigley's story written out first and then I would go back and fill in the stuff I left out. I realize now that that is a pretty silly idea. The story will get written out in due time, but I think I need to give myself a break from writing it out or else my brain would explode and I would probably become dehydrated from crying so much.

Halloween this year was awesome! The first thing we did was carve pumpkins at our friends, the Redder's house one week for Family Home Evening. We brought two pumpkins and Ryan and I each carved one. Harper just had fun playing with her friends, Jake and Ben.



The finished product. All of the pumpkins that were carved that night. I carved the owl and Ryan did the ghosts.



One of the cool things about Ryan working for Walmart is getting to go trick-or-treating at his building. The Friday before Halloween, they let the associates leave at 3 pm to go home and pick their kids up and bring them back to trick-or-treat around the office.

Ryan's parents supplied the costumes for this year. Ryan's mom made Harper's costume. She was Glenda the Good Witch from The Wizard of Oz. Half the time she would call herself "Nice witch" and the other half she was just a princess. Rigley was the Lion. They were so cute. I love dressing up for Halloween too. It would have been fun for Ryan and me to dress up and try to complete the cast from The Wizard of Oz, but I didn't get around to it. Maybe next year.

This was the best picture I could get at the office.
You can sort of see Rigley's costume in this one. You can also see some office decorations.

*Stay tuned to see what else we did this fun Halloween weekend.

1 comment:

Sam said...

I love it when there is a family costume theme going on! And homemade costumes are the best! That is a fun idea too. Can't wait to see more pictures of those cute kids!