Tuesday, January 19, 2010

2009 Stuff

I found this survey on a random blog that I came across today. I would eventually like to get our blog printed off and I thought it would be good to have this in there. It's kind of long and I don't know if I'm going to be able to answer all of the questions, but I'll try.

1. What did you do in 2009 that you had never done before?
-Ryan - Graduated from college in 3 years. Got a job at Walmart. Lived in Chicago for a little while. Moved to Arkansas.
-Abby - Lived in Chicago for a little while. Went to a Cubs game at Wrigley Field. Moved to Arkansas.
-Harper - Turned 1. Lived in Chicago. Went to a Cubs game. Moved to Arkansas. Played in the snow.

2. Did you keep your New Year's Resolutions and do you intend to make any for 2010?
-I can't remember what resolutions we made last year. I'd like to think that we kept at least some of them. Yes, we did make a few resolutions this year.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

-My cousin Meagan, and my cousin Jake and his wife had babies. I think that's it.

4. Did anyone close to you die?

-No

5. What countries did you visit?

-Just the U.S. of A.

6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you didn't have in 2009?

-A new house and a new baby.

7. What dates will be etched into your memory from 2009 and why?

-May 6 - My dad turning 60. Harper and I got to go to GA and celebrate!

-July 16 - Harper turned 1.

8. What is your biggest achievement of the year?

-Leaving Idaho. Ryan's would be graduating and getting a job.

9. What is your biggest failure?

-I'm not sure. Probably procrastinating.

10. Did you suffer any illness or injury?

-Nothing too serious.

11. What is the best thing you bought?

-Our iPhones!!!

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?

-Ryan's for getting a job and Harper's for being the best kid ever. She loves when I go to the gym because it means that she can go to the day care and play! I don't think she has fussed a single time that I've taken her!

13. Whose behavior made you appalled or depressed?

-Um....maybe the president's. I don't want to talk bad about our president, but he's the only one I could think of.

14. Where did most of your money go?

-The move from Idaho to Illinois to Arkansas. The time we lived in Illinois since Ryan hadn't started working yet.

15. What did you get really excited about?

-Ryan getting a job with Walmart! Harper turning one. Leaving Idaho. Finding out we are expecting.

16. What songs will remind you of 2009 and why?

-I'm not really sure. Just all of the popular ones this year.

17. Compared to last year...

a. happier or sadder? Happier. Not that I was sad last year, but we're just in a good place in life right now! Life is good!

b. thinner or fatter?Thinner. I love the Walmart Fitness Center!!!

c. richer or poorer?Richer. We are definitely not rich though!

18. What do you wish you had done more of?

-Crafts. I have so many crafts and decorating things that I want to get done. The list just keeps getting longer!

19. What do you wish you had done less of?

-TV watching.

20. How did you spend Christmas?

-Here in Arkansas with my family and brother.

21. Did you fall in love in 2009?

-More and more with Ryan every day!!

22. What was your favorite TV program?

-Ryan and I discovered LOST while in Illinois. I think that's our new favorite and of course The Office.

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate at this time last year?

-I'm not a hater.

24. What is the best book you read?

-Maybe The Lost Symbol. I can't remember all of the books I read.

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?

-I think the question is probably asking about a specific artist or song, but I got a ukulele this year. Thanks to our friends the Sugdens! I only know a couple of chords but I'm really excited to learn some more!

26. What did you want and get?

- iPhones. Ryan got a job! We were blessed in many ways!

27. What did you want and not get?

-Nothing that I can think of.

28. What was your favorite film this year?

-The Blind Side. Ryan still hasn't seen it yet, but I loved it!

29. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?

-Harper turned one. We took her to the Spray Park and had friends and family over for presents and cupcakes.

-I turned 23 this year and went to a zoo in Illinois with Ryan and Harper and we ate at Buffalo Wild Wings.

-Ryan turned 25. He doesn't like to be fussed over so I made his favorite dinner and he got a basketball pump.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

-More time with family, even though we did get lots of family time this year.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept of 2009?

-Comfort and affordable.

32. What kept you sane?

-Ryan.

33. What celebrity did you fancy the most?

-None.

34. What political issue stirred you the most?

-I don't really get into politics much. The new president I guess.

35. Who do you miss?

-All of our awesome Idaho friends.

36. Who was the best person you met?

-Our new friends the Dunkins.

37. Valuable life lesson learned in 2009?

-Prayers are answered and our Heavenly Father always has us in mind.

38. What is the one thing you said this year that you never thought you'd say?

-"We're moving to Arkansas."

39. What was the one thing you heard that you never thought you would hear?

-"We're moving to Arkansas."

-I'd also maybe say that Ryan got a job, but that's not something I never thought I would hear, because he is so great and I knew he would get a job. It is just so great that he got one, and such a good one!!!

40. What do you anticipate will be the biggest change in your life in 2010?

-Having another baby and moving to a house.

No comments: