I found this survey on a random blog that I came across today. I would eventually like to get our blog printed off and I thought it would be good to have this in there. It's kind of long and I don't know if I'm going to be able to answer all of the questions, but I'll try.1. What did you do in 2009 that you had never done before?
-Ryan - Graduated from college in 3 years. Got a job at Walmart. Lived in Chicago for a little while. Moved to Arkansas.
-Abby - Lived in Chicago for a little while. Went to a Cubs game at Wrigley Field. Moved to Arkansas.
-Harper - Turned 1. Lived in Chicago. Went to a Cubs game. Moved to Arkansas. Played in the snow.
2. Did you keep your New Year's Resolutions and do you intend to make any for 2010?
-I can't remember what resolutions we made last year. I'd like to think that we kept at least some of them. Yes, we did make a few resolutions this year.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
-My cousin Meagan, and my cousin Jake and his wife had babies. I think that's it.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
-Just the U.S. of A.
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you didn't have in 2009?
-A new house and a new baby.
7. What dates will be etched into your memory from 2009 and why?
-May 6 - My dad turning 60. Harper and I got to go to GA and celebrate!
-July 16 - Harper turned 1.
8. What is your biggest achievement of the year?
-Leaving Idaho. Ryan's would be graduating and getting a job.
9. What is your biggest failure?
-I'm not sure. Probably procrastinating.
10. Did you suffer any illness or injury?
-Nothing too serious.
11. What is the best thing you bought?
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
-Ryan's for getting a job and Harper's for being the best kid ever. She loves when I go to the gym because it means that she can go to the day care and play! I don't think she has fussed a single time that I've taken her!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled or depressed?
-Um....maybe the president's. I don't want to talk bad about our president, but he's the only one I could think of.
14. Where did most of your money go?
-The move from Idaho to Illinois to Arkansas. The time we lived in Illinois since Ryan hadn't started working yet.
15. What did you get really excited about?
-Ryan getting a job with Walmart! Harper turning one. Leaving Idaho. Finding out we are expecting.
16. What songs will remind you of 2009 and why?
-I'm not really sure. Just all of the popular ones this year.
17. Compared to last year...
a. happier or sadder? Happier. Not that I was sad last year, but we're just in a good place in life right now! Life is good!
b. thinner or fatter?Thinner. I love the Walmart Fitness Center!!!
c. richer or poorer?Richer. We are definitely not rich though!
18. What do you wish you had done more of?
-Crafts. I have so many crafts and decorating things that I want to get done. The list just keeps getting longer!
19. What do you wish you had done less of?
20. How did you spend Christmas?
-Here in Arkansas with my family and brother.
21. Did you fall in love in 2009?
-More and more with Ryan every day!!
22. What was your favorite TV program?
-Ryan and I discovered LOST while in Illinois. I think that's our new favorite and of course The Office.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate at this time last year?
-I'm not a hater.
24. What is the best book you read?
-Maybe The Lost Symbol. I can't remember all of the books I read.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
-I think the question is probably asking about a specific artist or song, but I got a ukulele this year. Thanks to our friends the Sugdens! I only know a couple of chords but I'm really excited to learn some more!
26. What did you want and get?
- iPhones. Ryan got a job! We were blessed in many ways!
27. What did you want and not get?
-Nothing that I can think of.
28. What was your favorite film this year?
-The Blind Side. Ryan still hasn't seen it yet, but I loved it!
29. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
-Harper turned one. We took her to the Spray Park and had friends and family over for presents and cupcakes.
-I turned 23 this year and went to a zoo in Illinois with Ryan and Harper and we ate at Buffalo Wild Wings.
-Ryan turned 25. He doesn't like to be fussed over so I made his favorite dinner and he got a basketball pump.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
-More time with family, even though we did get lots of family time this year.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept of 2009?
-Comfort and affordable.
32. What kept you sane?
33. What celebrity did you fancy the most?
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
-I don't really get into politics much. The new president I guess.
35. Who do you miss?
-All of our awesome Idaho friends.
36. Who was the best person you met?
-Our new friends the Dunkins.
37. Valuable life lesson learned in 2009?
-Prayers are answered and our Heavenly Father always has us in mind.
38. What is the one thing you said this year that you never thought you'd say?
-"We're moving to Arkansas."
39. What was the one thing you heard that you never thought you would hear?
-"We're moving to Arkansas."
-I'd also maybe say that Ryan got a job, but that's not something I never thought I would hear, because he is so great and I knew he would get a job. It is just so great that he got one, and such a good one!!!
40. What do you anticipate will be the biggest change in your life in 2010?
-Having another baby and moving to a house.