Saturday, April 04, 2009

Rexburg: The Original Windy City

My sweet friend, Katie, made a comment on my blog and reminded me that I needed to update.

You know how they say that Chicago is the Windy City? I had always heard that and then my first semester up here at BYU-I I roomed with my now best friend, Sariah, who is from the Chicago area. I remember that she once told me that Chicago was called that because of the "windy" politicians. I had never heard that but I thought it was interesting. I have discussed this with Ryan and he said that Chicago is actually literally windy. I have never lived in Chicago so I can't really say, but I really feel that Rexburg is the original Windy City. It is crazy!!! There have been times that I will be walking outside and I will almost be knocked over by the wind. I am not exaggerating. Here is a video that will give you an idea of the windiness.


3 comments:

Allen Family said...

I know what you mean. I hate the wind.

Kathryn S. said...

Thank you for the update, and I really like your background!

Zach said...

If you ask the internet what the windiest city is you'll be suprised to find Chi-town's not too close to the top.