Thursday, August 09, 2007


So, as Owen children we all know that our mom is one of the best cooks in the world! She's great in the kitchen. Sometimes her capades in the kitchen can be a little bit dangerous. She is notorious for burning dish towels and spoons and melting her fair share of tupperware. There is nothing wrong with that, it just happens.

Well, I have developed my own little habit in the kitchen that is similar. Last night I was making dinner from the great cook book that Ryan gave me for my birthday. I needed to defrost the chicken, so while I was preheating the oven I stuck it in there for a few minutes. When I went to take out the chicken I forgot oven mits. OUCH!!!!!! That is the second time that has happened. I have a nice little blister on my finger and my pride is a little burnt, too.


Ezra said...

ok, don't panic, just run some cold water over it then wrap it with some gau. Don't put butter on it, that does not work.

Jeremy and Kara said...

Happy Birthday to you too!!! It is fun to be legal. Jeremy and I did order virgin drinks just to mark the occasion. It was fun. I hope you had a good birthday.